Traveling? No excuse not to workout! Even if you do not have access to a gym, here are some workouts you can do with limited equipment, time and space. Any of these workouts can be scaled to your needs!
Note: Make sure you warm up by getting your heart rate up a bit and stretching out (croga) before you jump into any workout. Do a few reps of the movement BEFORE you do it with any amount of intensity. Examples: Jumping jacks, burpees, lunges, squats, etc.
No gym access:
- 100 burpees for time. (try to get under 10 min!)
50, 40, 30, 20, 10 reps of sit ups and air squats.(If you want to intensify the squats, try jumping squats or use a towel for overhead squats!)
- Texas push-up challenge! 1-10 reps of push-ups. Stand up between each set.
- Tabata- 20 sec on/10 sec rest, 8 rounds- squats, sit-ups, push-ups, mountain climbers, burpees, plank holds, handstand holds. Choose a few exercises and go hard!
- Get outside and run! Jog 4 min, then stop where ever you are and do 10 push-ups. Jog 4 min, then stop and do 10 V-ups. Jog 4 min, then stop and do 10 lunges. Repeat as far as you want to run. Mix up the movements as much as you want.
Hotel gym access:
“Cindy”. 20 min AMRAP: 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats.
- 30 Man-makers for time. Choose weights.
If you are in an interesting location, research any good hikes or landmarks to go visit and take a pic of you doing a handstand or something fun and send it to us! Here are some good adventures from some of the places we have visited:
- Jog and/or walk to top of Diamond head. Could be 1 hour plus depending on starting point so prepare.
- Walk to the top of Koko Head crater. About 23 minutes.
In Phoenix, Arizona:
- Climb Camelback Mountain
More coming soon…..